Saturday, January 10, 2009

Updating

Okay...so this blog will be a MYRIAD of things afterall it has been like a month..where does one start?
Holidays...they were okay...with family stress it tends to take the relaxation out of it, however it happened and we all survived, and I think the kids had a good one. We did lots of extra fun things like lights at the zoo (nevermind we spent 90% of the time in the BuildaBear with the kids...I'll post pics later--it's funny!), watched lots of Christmas shows, did Breakfast with Santa, made a gingerbread house, etc. I think we did our parental responsibility of "making it fun", and even managed to have some fun ourselves---can you believe it?
Latest quotes from Alyssa...
  • She put on a pair of overalls....and comes out saying, "Hey Mom, I am a farm!"
  • One night she was sitting and looking at me..."Do you like looking at mommy?--
    "Yes. " "Why?", to which she responded, "Because I love you." MELT MY HEART!
  • The other day my mom asked her to turn out the light in the bathroom, to which she responded..."IT'S NOT EASY!"
  • And my favorite---Alyssa doesn't sleep well in her own bed---so when she does she gets a treat. One morning, I was having a chocolate to which she responded.."Mom you weep (sleep) in your own bed." "Why yes Alyssa I did!"

She is my clown all the time. It's hard to keep her in line cuz she makes me laugh so much.

Well I hope that you all had a Merry Christmas and have WONDERFUL New YEAR! Loves to ALL!

5 comments:

Pinky Homer said...

Alyssa is so funny! it's nice to have one of those in the family to keep things light and enjoyable. I'm glad you survived the holidays. We did too in warm AZ! Love you.

Garity said...

Welcome Back! I was getting worried but I figured you were recovering!

kelly said...

i feel ya on the holiday thing but enjoy it while they are little b/c it just gets less exciting as they get older.caleb was sad to be away from home on christmas though, he missed traditions and the tree. you are so good to write things down, you always forget.

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

I'm so happy you updated! Glad to hear the good things even though life is tough for your family right now. We love you and think of you all often.

Unknown said...

All my friends are so kind---I look on here and feel so loved---THANKS!