Sunday, July 10, 2011

Not a blogger?

I was recently informed by a person,---who will remain nameless--that I am not a blogger as I don't update it enough to be considered one. SOOOO in order to rectify this situation---I shall attempt to blog more frequently. HOWEVER, I am unsure as to how many people are actually reading it and therefore feel little need to update it as I am well aware of my own activities. SOOOO if you are reading --feel free to leave your comments or at least say---"I am reading", so I am not entirely wasting my time:)
That being said---I often don't write for fear that I might offend with my opinions--or bore you, sometimes thinking of something of TRUE excitement ---well it CAN be hard to come by, or the biggest reason as I have previously stated is that I have so much I would like to say, but then when I sit down it's like I hit a blank wall.
This summer has been full already and it's only the beginning of July. School ended for Torie and we said a HUGE "Hallelujah!" as she had a...mmmhhh...undermotivated teacher --who was very clearly looking forward to retirement. It made for a long year---but after 4 years of great teachers, we can't complain when we hit one that was less desirable. And on an even sadder note-Lyssie finished pre-school. Their presentation at the end of the pre-school year is mean---any parent with a dry eye would have to be heartless. I didn't need to cry yet---her going to kindergarten in the fall is already left me with nervousness and sadness. BUT I digress....our summer so far:
We hit Santa Claus, Indiana again and spent two days at Holidayworld. Very little sunburns and lots of water. We rented a cabin this time around, releaving some of my dirt stress, and had some good friends come along. As far as I know we all still like eachother and had a good time! Our favorite ride of all was the Wildebeast a water roller coaster--however a bit awkward. You place your legs on each side of the person in front of you's seat. Now assuming you are in a raft with those you know it is all good---however when you raft is NOT full a stranger is placed in also. It was a rather odd situation to have some strange man's hairy legs under my arms, while he talked to me making casual conversation. I figure it must have been some form of therapy.
We came home from Indiana for 5 days only to take a 2 week long trip to Utah. My parents, and the girls and I all drove out. I still can't decide if driving through the night was good or bad---it sure went faster and beat laying awake all night in a hotel thinking about the fact you COULD be almost there....however...by the time you arrive you are dead for two days. So we wisely opted for a hotel on the drive back. We were able to spend some time with my Aunt and Uncle in Farmington and their kids and grandkids. In addition, my sister and her kids were visiting from California and it was fun to see Taj and Lo. My girls miss them a lot and couldn't wait to see them. Then Jason flew out and we spent 4 days with his parents. It was a full trip and I am always reminded of the dear people in my life that still reside there and the many fond memories I have of my time there. I even was able to visit Logan and felt a bit of nostalgia (sp?) flow through my veins. It's always strange to me that I forget that life has gone on and cities have changed while I was elsewhere. I really hate change, inevitable as it is. I really enjoyed visiting a couple of quilt shops---and loved enjoying fry sauce and Cafe Rio'. Torie is my child and loves fry sauce!
I don't want to bore you with name of people I saw, but I do have to make a shout out to them and let them know I love them and miss them all---SOOOOOO Garity--so fun to see you after almost 20 years, Jen H--can't wait to hear how your quilting goes! Bring Jaden for a trip- my Logan family--(YOU know who you are)--love you guys and so glad I got to see you all (except David ---maybe next time), Jen S.-crossing my fingers for you, Amy---See I doooo blog, Denae "ditto" , My aunt, uncle and cousins--thanks for being my family-you guys are great--BTW make Bethany join FB- Love you all.
Pictures to come.

5 comments:

Pinky Homer said...

I do read your blog. I know you don't update often but when you do, I eat it up. I love Cafe Rio too. We go there every time we can. I didn't know you were in UT. It would've been fun to see you and see the girls. I hope we can get together next time. Love ya.

Unknown said...

Thanks Pinky---I forget you don't do FB and I mentioned I was going to Utah and didn't hear anything-so figured you were busy. Maybe next time, thanks for letting me know---just caught up a bit on yours today:)

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

I read and I am glad you updated. Love to hear how you all are doing!

Shannon said...

I'm reading it!!!

Denae said...

Now what!??