Sunday, November 2, 2008

Mouths of Babes

SOO it's been a while...things have been unbelievably busy---I will leave it at that. I have to brag about my girls for a minute---I hope THAT is allowed on blogging. They are my joy in life. They make me laugh and the following are a few stories on why!

  • Torie (7) and I had a discussion on how it probably wasn't best to tell people on the phone I was in the shower or bathroom, and so if she could just tell them I was in "dispose" (after the following scenario, I would MUCH prefer she just told them where I was). As life would have it, I was in the potty and the phone rang and of course Victoria answered, much to my gratitude or so I thought. As I emerged from the bathroom Victoria said, "Mom, I answered the phone, but don't worry I told them you were Exposed"---In shock, I said "What did you tell them"--to which she repeated "exposed"---I broke into laughter and was greatful that she could bring such a good laugh to a friend! When Victoria actually realized the word she accidently used she was horrified---which made it funnier.
  • Alyssa (3) did the child like thing to do and farted in the car---Victoria was appalled (while Alyssa giggled her heart out) and said "Alyssa--that is gross--it's not funny." To which Alyssa happily replied--"It's funny to me."
  • Torie recently went to the ward chili cook off---when she was talking about it the next day she said, "You know mom, last night at the hot chili stand off."---It painted quite an interesting picture!
  • Alyssa was outside watering plants with my mom...my mother told her that the plants were saying "thank you" to her for giving them water...my mom then sees Alyssa watering the plants and saying "your welcome, your welcome."
  • Alyssa was helping me fold laundry tonight and was doing quite an amazing job of folding wash cloths---I expressed my gratitude to her for doing such a great job and gave her a hug, after each wash cloth she reached out for more recognition and another hug---to which I said, "you really love mommy to hug you don't you," Her response was, "yes and I like it when you call me the "bomb"---
  • Torie loves to play soccer, however we have had a lot of laughs as she would literally skip to get to the soccer ball. I once stated, why does she want to play soccer when she is dancing on the field. We also enjoyed as she would run after the ball, and next to it, but rarely kick it.
  • Lastly, Alyssa was a Poodle for Halloween---however no matter how hard she tried to pronounce it --it came out "piddel"---when people would ask what she was going to be for halloween---she would say "piddel" and people would say..."A pillow"---and I would explain a Poodle. It became a joke at work as none of the teachers could understand her and would laugh when the heard it...she got tired of saying it and a wee bit embarassed so she would just say "I don't know." I suggested she say a puppy---but she had other plans...when people would ask her then, she would say "A piddel" - get on all fours and run around like a dog. She figured if they couldn't understand her ---she would FIND a way to get the message across!

And there my friends is a little insight into my world of laughter. They make me laugh and bring a ray of sunshine into my life. EVERY DAY! I can't say enough how much I love my little girls!


7 comments:

mamasuisse said...

Your kids sound hilarious. "You're welcome. You're welcome." There's nothing better in the whole world!

Pinky Homer said...

Wow! I am laughing my head off! Thanks ... they're so funny! & you for describing it all so well that I felt like I was there.

Gillie said...

Ah, so much bathroom humor in one post! I don't know if I can handle it! I need halloween pictures, though. Did she get to piddle on the bushes while she was a poodle?

Katie said...

Holy moly, your girls are cracking me UP! Torie sounds so much like Eleanor it's not even funny. We are coming into town the week of Thanksgiving -- maybe we could stop by! Email me!

Anonymous said...

Those are pretty funny. I think my favorite is that Alyssa likes it when you call her the bomb.
I would send a warning though about bragging about your kids on your blog because last time I did that my son stopped taking naps.

Cara said...

Very funny kids you have. Reminds me of Cody when he was talking about Kindergarten Orientation this year and asked "when do I get to go to my amputation" as if it were a good thing. Kids are the cutest! And YES you can brag away on your blog! We love to hear it.

Garity said...

Um, yea! You are supposed to brag about your girls in your blog! What a great post! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who treasures what comes out of their mouths at the darndest times! My favorite with my boys is when I was driving and Weston was in the backseat. Some jerk completely cut me off and I had to swerve in order to miss him. I said "idiot" under my breath but Weston shouted loudly from the back "YOU STUPID DEMOCRAT!" He had no clue what that word meant but that is what makes it so funny! Guess we do have to watch what we say around them right?