Sunday, November 30, 2008

Late list!

Okay...so I am feeling a bit negative and a bit like Eeyore ---whiney, negative and complainy *my own word*---hence I haven't been writing. I will keep it to myself as to the many reasons why...but I guess you could say I have been in a funk. It's been a challenge to understand a number of the things that have happened in my life over the last year---but I guess what it all comes down to is that "no man is an island". I think one of the most crazy ironic statements one can make is "It's my life." Every thing we do affects others for good or bad. Okay...so this may be a myriad of thoughts. Despite all the drama lately, I am truly grateful for a lot of the little things. I have probably spent more time being grateful this Thanksgiving than a lot of other ones...grateful for random things...things outside "the givens"
So here goes my random list:
  • Electricity in the basement! YEE HAA! Loving my new laundry room light!
  • Employment---need I say more
  • A good class of kids at my work---I love these little ones!
  • A decent hair cut---it's not perfect---but it sure beats some of the 80's do's!
  • A new niece or nephew in a week or so
  • A warm halloween and Thanksgiving--it was great!
  • Blogging-it gives me an opportunity to think about my life and keep in touch with people I have lost!

Allright it was short and sweet, but it had to be before I mentioned the "givens"---SOOO what are you grateful for beside the givens?

4 comments:

kelly said...

hi melanie, i guess i didn't know your married name or i would have checked yours out from denae's too.
we are in hawaii as long as we want to be now. we will be here as long as the kids are here, kiley is at BYUH and caleb will most likely go there too in 2 yrs.
i will look over your blog later,
Kelly

Cara said...

That tag was for YOU! LOL I went back and did an edit to clarify. I hate those tags...but at least it will give you something to blog about! Love ya and I hope you get out of your "funk" soon.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't get your new niece or nephew within the week!!! I tried. For sure within the next 5 days though.
At 1st when I read it I thought it said, "a new niece AND nephew" & I was confused as to who else was having a baby right now. My brain needs to stop.

Garity said...

So, I played Eeyore in my 5th grade play and I can tell you I have had many days since where I think that role kind of stuck.

I am grateful for the internet because of people like you who I have been able to find again after way too many years....oh and I'm grateful for cheesecake because without it I'd look like one of those gross people who are in shape...ugh ;)