Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ode to my sibling: Aaron

Okay---so things here have been busy---but I felt like posting tonight---not sure why, just did.
I decided that I would do a little "ODE to my siblings" . I figure I will do an ode to one sibling at a time, so I will start with Aaron.....SOOOOOOOO:
Ode to Aaron:
Anyone that knows Aaron knows he has given me quite a few different aspects to work with...where to start...where to start....
Aaron is a natural comedian, he can have our whole family in pain from laughing so hard. He has a knack for thinking up things...that my brain, just naturally doesn't. He is the only person I know that could think of replacing a sandwich from one of the rotating, vending machines with someone's underwear, so they would have to pay to get them back. Sick and wrong---YES..., funny...also yes! Problem is that you will NEVER win if you try to get him back---payback isn't worth it, unless you do it in secrecy. In High School, Aaron constantly snagged my hairspray (which with my minimal income I covered) and he would use tons. It took him as long to get ready in High school with his feathered 80's do as it did me (and I had the BIG bangs---NE-ways...I digress), so I had enough and left a wee bit in the buttom of the bottle (so it smelled the same) and filled the rest with sugar water. Oh how it did my heart good when he would come home and his hair was flat and nappy (can I say nappy?) ---the bathroom counter was entirely sticky and sugar coated, but Aaron never figured it out. It was years before I told him---and I laughed, and laughed and still laugh. Some of the hardest times I have ever laughed was because of him!
Aaron has bonded with the people from his mission like no one else I have ever known. He has been home for 17 years and still goes back regularly to visit. His mission really changed his interests in his life and who he has become. He is much more of an outdoorsman than he was before it.
Aaron is a huge example of faith to me. I have recently watched him and been so impressed with how strong his testimony of God is and his devotion to his family. His love for his children is amazing and he knows what he wants.
I have really grown to look up to Aaron and am proud of who he is and continues to become! I love you Aaron!
What stories Memories do you have of Aaron that make you laugh, cry, etc?

6 comments:

Garity said...

What a great post! Do you have a recent and old picture of him to post?

kelly said...

don't have a story, i am sure matt does:) but he is just a nice guy! love the sibling pranks!

Denae said...

Does Aaron really check our blogs? I remember driving late, late at night on our road trip & the 2 of just laughing so hard we were crying at nothing.

Unknown said...

Nah...he doesn't read them---but it's the thought that counts right? I can't do an ode to my siblings and skip one---or can I?

kelly said...

you are so funny, i was trying to figure out the one year thing/!?

Fawn said...

Not so funny but a sweet story... I was reading in my journal a while back and read about this one night when Aaron was young, one of his siblings had kept me up most of the night. When I finally woke up the next morning & realized it was way late. Aaron had made breakfast for all of his younger siblings and had been taking care of them so I could sleep!! Everyone should have such a nice oldest son!!