Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Missing: brain

Mmmhh I am wondering where it is I last saw my brain. I like to think that I once had one, but lately I am wondering if that was ever the case. It seems these last two weeks I have grown dumber than I ever thought possible. I can hardly think straight, hence writing any type of blogging is next to impossible, and yet then again, it might be more amusing than ever, kind of like that joke that was hilarious at 3 AM isn't so funny a week later at the dinner table with your family. So we have been working on a house my parents bought and fixing it up...HOW DO WOMEN WORK FULL TIME? If I weren't working for my parents, I'd probably be fired for lack of motivation---I felt like I was walking circles today as I couldn't think of what I might do next (Have I ever said I have a short attention span? Church is a bear!) We have visited the Dr.'s three times in the last three weeks...we didn't see her over the summer so we thought it was time to start making our regular visits. The first time a cold (SO I was a bit paranoid...pnuemonia last year made me worry even more than normal!), second time ear infection(YEAH---something was actually wrong) and yesterday was making sure that Victoria didn't have an infection from the nail she stepped on last week and this morning I was greeted my PINK EYE from Victoria! My brother Matt topped it all though with Spinal Meningitis for a second time! Sheesh! And that my friends is why I hardly ever blog, can't think straight...I always thought it came from "motherhood", but seriously those who have known me fore years...be honest did I ever really have much sanity to start out with...Maybe I don't want to know that. DENAE you don't need to comment. Do you lose your brain as a mom? Or is it simply an excuse...what do you think?

7 comments:

Gillie said...

I hear there is a syndrome for it, but I think it only applies to the brain cells lost during the time immediately after you have a baby. If you don't want anyone to know, I won't tell. Then you can still use it as an excuse.

Samantha said...

The more kids you have, the more lives you have to keep track of. Having an equally crazy last couple of weeks too (only 1 dr visit here, thank goodness) I can understand what you mean.

Pinky Homer said...

I definitely know you had a brain before ... I think I DID, didn't I? Because it has left me too ... It is especially obvious when I'm wondering the house trying to remember why I'm in the room I am ... I know I went there with a purpose. Julio always asks me ... "Are you SURE you graduated from college?" RUDE!!! ... We are on the 6th Dr. visit ...we've had a rough 3 wks. Tomorrow Ruby has 3rd set of ear tubes in & androids out ... hopefully that'll help.

Ashly said...

woman, please. i know for a fact that my vocabulary gets exponentially smaller with each child. in fact, i don't even know if I'm using "exponentially" in the right way. but no- you're not nuts. you really are losing it...but so is everyone else...so it's all good ;) ((hugs))

Unknown said...

I feel SO much better...as I consider ALL the people that posted intelligent beings....I know that experience the same thing...it must be normal. It's bad when you call your daughter your sister's name all time. YES Pinky you too had a brain...but I do believe you do lose more and more with each child...however you care less also as you have less time to yourself to realize HOW much you have lost it! LOL!

Cara said...

Ahhh....Yea. The brain is the first to go and I call my daughter by my sisters name, too. So I feel better knowing you have the same problem. Thanks! ;-)

mamasuisse said...

Hi Melanie. I found you on Ashly's blog. It's fun to catch up with you a little bit in the blogging world. "Mom brain" is a fact and it's caused by lots of things - hormones and lack of sleep are part of it, but I think the biggest cause is that the more kids you have, the more fragmented your brain becomes. When you have so many things / people to keep track of, your brain can only be so efficient about it. That's why blogging is so good for you - forces you to focus!