Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Needed a break!

So things here have been quiet on the home front---well in general, however there has been a great deal of fighting and it seems my daughters are once again on the war path with one another... Really it is a love/hate relationship--one minute they are the best of friends amicably playing barbies and the next they are fighting over which Barbie is whose. Alyssa is the instigator and I am beside myself as to what to do. As a result Alyssa (who is 3 and will be 4 in August) and I had the following conversation--keep in mind, my children are quite conversationalists at very young ages--not sure where they might get that...sigh.

Me: Alyssa what is going on? Why have you been so whiney and nasty lately?

Alyssa: I haven't been getting enough 'tention lately---Torie gets to go places with you and I have to stay home with Daddy. I need more loves and that is why I have been a little grumpy lately.

So as you can see I am in trouble with this child---she plays her cards well and is already smarter than I am---the scarey part is that she has been for...quite a while.

Another Alyssa-ism---I was telling the girls that we were all going to get haircuts for the summer---and jokingly told them even Daddy (who shaves his head daily) to which Alyssa responded---"Mom, Dad doesn't need a haircut--he only has weeds." I am now beginning to wonder if we should just let his "weeds" grow and we can have a family weed pulling activity.

So if I don't blog regularly you can NOW better understand, I am feeling constantly sheepish as I am being outsmarted by a 3 year old and half the time I don't even know it. Imagine my blog in ten years and you have a frightening concept.

2 comments:

Denae said...

She is a funny, funny girl. Too smart!

kelly said...

she sounds like kiley when she was young, those powers will be used for good when she is in school, ki's teachers loved her when i was at my wit's end.
yes, that picture was actually taken at the King's house with steve, marylee, aimee oscarson and was around when i started coming to church with matt. you are way too kind, i feel so old!