Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Where does one start?

Okay---so after several people saying I don't update my blog enough, I am going to try and keep it more up on MY life. However...in my defense---several of these complaints came from friends I had no idea were even following it, SOOOO if I had known they were reading, maybe I would have been more apt to write .....then again...maybe not, but let's pretend.

Today the girls and I went to the park and McD's with some friends and we had the discussion of what they would/do write about in their blogs...they both said their kids...I had to ponder this and think---WHAT DO I REALLY WRITE ABOUT???? If you have ever had a conversation with me (which if you are reading this blog I would hope you have...) you know that I can often be like a tornado picking up a topic and dropping it and moving quickly to another---pretty much all over the place---and I feel that is what my blog is like---what is on my mind at the moment...so here you have it...

Sometimes it seems that life is so fast paced you don't even realize you haven't taken the time to stop and smell the roses---afterall you don't even realize they have bloomed because you were spinning your head in a 360 ---that has been the last few months---nothing bad, few fun things...but go go go...and NOW everything has calmed down and I feel a bit overwehlmed with the time I have and where to start. SO what has changed in my life:

1. I am no longer working two days a week---I know that two days isn't a lot, but it was a committment and a guaranteed obligation. The building where the Mother's Day Out program I have worked at for the last two years officially was sold---and our program is now homeless and I am jobless. For me it was a bitter sweet---I had made several dear friends, but had been debating about whether or not to continue the next year, not that I would have ever chosen for it to be homeless, but it made one less decision I had to make.

2. Victoria is done with soccer, all three school clubs and school. I didn't realize we had "overbooked" her---the clubs were not all every week, but they took their toll on my free time.

3. I was released from being the Primary secretary a couple months ago---and that took more toll on me than I realized---I didn't mind it---but bi-weekly meetings added yet another responsibility.


I guess I didn't really need to number them---I thought SOMETHING more must have changed---but those few things are it. And that is where we have been at---we also took a 3 day camping trip to Santa Clause, Indiana---I have pics and fun stuff to share---but for tonight---it's an update and about the best I can do.

What things keep you from relaxing in life? What times have you found that your life was in chaos?

5 comments:

kelly said...

i know exactly what you mean, part time work still takes up time and sometimes it means other things not getting done. what mothers day out did you work at? i did that for years when the kids were little, it is perfect. st. john's on olive is wonderful if you want to try for somewhere else. i can't believe you remember us babysitting you, how funny and time does fly. your blog should be whatever you want. i use mine almost as a journal and i don't really care if anyone thinks it's boring or stupid, i love going back and reading posts. ok since this is not my blog i will stop commenting now:)

Samantha said...

I thought maybe you had forgotten you had a blog. Or that once a month or less was good enough. And the tornado analogy fits so well!

Make your blog whatever you want. It can be about your kids one moment, and about your thoughts the next. Who cares but you, right?

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Love the update...and I can totally relate to all the activities that just take time....and when you are the driver...and have lots of kids you end up at every one's activities...even if one child is only participating in 2 things...it all adds up!

Pinky Homer said...

I think the best thing in life is being busy with kids and life in general. I'm glad things have slow down for you ... a little break goes a long way. Hope you continue to enjoy time and the extra time that has suddenly fallen on your lap ... LIVE IT UP!

elizabeth said...

Hey Melanie :)
The stent things has made me wake up. I love to go go go and then collapse. I just can't do that anymore...
Sounds like you are a wise woman :)