Monday, May 7, 2012

So many words.....

It seems as if I have been all over the board with emotions these last few months and fearing what I might or might NOT say, I haven't blogged.  So WHAT have I been doing---?  I am not sure I could fully say. 
     We just finished soccer season---for the first time both girls did indoor AND outdoor, which all in all would not have been a problem. However, they overlapped.  Can I say that I love indoor soccer?  It starts and ends quickly and you don't have to battle the weather.  Both girls played their little hearts out, but I think we are still learning to breathe again after having practice 4 nights a week.  I was NOT meant to be a soccer mom, and yet somehow I feel like one.
     These last few months I have been able to help out in Alyssa's class once a week and read in Torie's class every now and then.  I really enjoy being able to be involved with their "school life"---I know the kids, the nice, the mean, and all the others.  Plus knowing that my Torie will be in middle school next year, I have especially cherised this time. 
     Torie turned 11!  She is such a sweet girl---I couldn't have asked for more.  Her jokes are getting funnier and I love that she really confides in me.  I know what is going on with her and only hope that stays over the upcoming school years. 
     Jason and I made a trip to Chicago to celebrate 12 years of marriage.  We left the kids with Aaron and Patti and took the train up for 4 days.  It was great---full of learning about history, which I didn't know I like, but I do.  Lots of good food too.  And just a break, and remembering that we were once without children.  
 My first quilt---and it looks great in Torie's room! 
 Lyssie getting her "H.A.W.K." award---Helping Acts of Kindness!  Yea Lou lou!

 This is what happens when you shave your dog, your kids make dog fur art!
Torie and I at her 5th grade music review---she won't smile because of her underbite---SOOO SAD!


     I am also quilting---joined a quilting group, and really am learning a lot.  I finished my first quilt a week or so ago and can't stop braggin.  It's nice to have something that's mine---oh and did I mention I LOVE LOVE LOVE ZUMBA!  Done it twice now and it's so much fun!  Finally just getting and creating a life of my own, without a child under 5 attached at the hip. 
   SO now I am planning for summer, unfortunately sometimes the financial means cannot support my BIG ideas...so it's down to figuring out what the girls really want to do.  What things does your family do for the summer?  

P.S. Sorry these pics are like in the middle randomly, but I still am technically challenged...!

    

2 comments:

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Don't you feel incredibly blessed! We are so lucky to have kids to chase around and still manage to breathe and create for ourselves... except that when we finally have time to create for ourselves, we are making things for those wonderful children of ours. The quilt is beautiful.

Fawn said...

Absolutely love the quilt! Even prettier in person. Good for you for finishing it!!