Saturday, June 14, 2008

Max...the butterfly




Okay...so who thought that a silly butterfly would make it on our blog...but I must say that this was not just ANY butterfly...it was Max. A friend at church raises butterflies...gave us a cacoon and a live one---(and two baby caterpillars) the one only lived under a week however...apparently our butterflies were of the opposite gender and...in that week were VERY busy! Hence our butterfly MAX was created! Max was handicapped and unable to fly ---much to our joy as both the girls and I held a butterfly for the first time. He lived almost a month and we were all excited to hold him as he would only flap and land on his back and not fly away....which was much less intimidating...so here' s a pic of my girls with MAX! May he RIP in my potted flowers! LOL!

2 comments:

Pinky Homer said...

Wow! that's so cool ... I bet the girls love watching the growth process of the butterfly. I think I wouldn't mind a butterfly "pet" ... I just wish that would be what my boys would want...your girls are so cute!

Ashly said...

'bout time you got this thing up and running!! ;)
cute blog and your girls are adorable--can't believe how grown up they both look! (now you have my blog so you can add me)