Thursday, July 17, 2008

Am I alone here?

No, I don't have anything of major importance to say here...no major catastrophies or phenomenons...just comtemplating my job as a stay at home mom?
Do I go back to work (more than one day at a mother's day out)? Like most, we are fine financially, but always seem to wonder where that extra goes for the little things--a rec-plex membership, (we have an amazing huge recreation facility here --indoor pools, weight rooms, ice rink--it's got it all-yet we don't have a membership), vacations, misc birthday gifts, dance lessons, savings, savings, savings. No matter how much Jason makes we always seem to have some expense that suck it all up.
Or do I somehow justify the fact that I stay at home lately and do nothing of upmost importance, (like blogging when I have clothes in the washer and an upstairs floor that resembles that of the pioneers (DIRT!))---MMMMhhhh---I love being with my girls, but seriously sometimes I wonder if I would do more with them if I had less time with them---does that make any sense---or if I would just be more worn out...? Okay so I am just blabbing as I think.
What do you think? I know it my heart what I believe is most important---but isn't there some happy medium---without doing daycare in my home, or selling my soul to a 40+hour a week job? Help!

3 comments:

Samantha said...

I think if you are going to work and you don't NEED the money, then you should do something you love. That way you are happy at work, and then happy to come home to your family.

Plus it is hard to decide whether the price of daycare is worth the money that you are able to make.

There are so many hard choices being a mom!

Pinky Homer said...

I've heard of so many moms doing that and are better for it. They are more patient and like you said do more with their kids because they are with them less. I think there are some of us that need that out. AIMDT (you know what/who I mean) has offered me several jobs & great pay but have turned them down ... I get really addicted to work because it is so much easier than being a full time mother ... so I just choose not to even get tempted by the idea. In general I think this is between you, Jason, & Heavenly Father. As you search for an answer you'll be guided. May the force be with you in your qwest!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Samantha. You should only work if you are doing it to be happier. If getting out & having a life outside of the kids will make you happier go for it. And just make an effort to get out no matter how you feel. It always makes you happier & the day go faster.